6 Shower Door Types for Your Next Project
If you're planning to renovate your bathroom or build a new one, you should know the different types of shower doors. In this post, we listed the six most common shower door types and the criteria you should know before choosing one. Keep reading to learn everything about shower doors!
Frameless shower door
A frameless shower door is a type of shower door that does not have a metal frame around the edges. Instead, it is held in place by a series of hinges and clamps that attach to the wall. These doors provide a modern and sleek look and are easy to clean.
Sliding shower doors
Sliding shower doors differ from standard hinged doors in that they slide along a track to open and close. They usually have two panels that slide past each other to allow for simple entry and exit. Sliding shower doors can be framed or frameless. They are the best for smaller bathrooms where a swinging door would take up too much space.
Pivot shower doors
Pivot shower doors are a type of door that is mounted on a pivot point, allowing them to swing open and closed. They are among the best choices as they are easy to use and provide a modern and clean look. Pivot shower doors are also an easy-to-clean alternative.
Bathtub shower doors
Bathtub shower doors are made to use with bathtubs. They are usually sliding or pivot doors that surround the bathtub area and create a separate showering room. They are a functional and practical addition to any bathroom since they help to confine water and spray while keeping the surrounding area clean and dry.
Corner shower doors
Corner shower doors fit in the corner of a bathroom. They are typically used in bathrooms with limited space and are perfect for maximizing the use of space.
Folding shower doors
Unlike swinging and sliding doors, folding shower doors fold to open and close. They typically consist of multiple panels hinged together and can be folded to the side or stacked on top of each other. They are great for people who want a unique look for their shower area. They are also known as bi-folding shower doors.
6 Key Points to Keep in Mind When Selecting A Shower Door
There are many alternatives to a good shower door. Therefore, when selecting a shower door, you should consider some key points and have a set of criteria to choose the perfect door. Six key points you should know are:
1. Style: If you're looking for a shower door, you should consider what type of door you want. Aluminium doors have a wide range of styles to suit different tastes. Therefore, you should know which style complements the overall design of your bathroom and fits your taste the best.
2. Colour: Choosing the right colour for your shower door is vital. And since aluminium shower doors come in different colours, you must decide carefully. Consider what colour would fit your bathroom's current colour scheme the best and make a decision then.
3. Functionality: Functionality must be your priority when choosing a door. Your shower door should provide you with an intimate space in your bathtub or shower. It should work without any problems and offer you convenience.
4. Budget: When it comes to shower doors, it's hard to determine a fixed price, as the range is quite broad. Therefore, before selecting one, you should know your budget and choose a door according to that. However, you should ensure that the door meets your functional and aesthetic requirements; never sacrifice quality and always pick the products that meet your needs.
5. Durability: Rust and corrosion are your door's biggest enemies. Although aluminium is durable and long-lasting, it's still important to look for a quality door that is resistant to rust and corrosion.
6. Size: Before making any purchase, you should measure the opening to ensure the door you choose will fit properly. Otherwise, you might buy a door that doesn't fit your bathroom.
Elitech for the Best
Elitech takes pride in having the best assortment of bi-folding and sliding shower doors on the market. Our doors are made with precision and care, using only the highest-quality materials to ensure durability and endurance. Choose Elitech and see the difference in quality and style for yourself.